Mental Health Support
Mental illness can be more disabling for a person than many chronic physical illnesses. The staff at Jane Cheung, R.TCMP and Associates support the well-being of people with mental illnesses and offer supportive therapies of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) that can address their holistic needs. On Wednesdays, Frederic Cheung, R.TCMP provides treatment for mental health at the Canadian Mental Health Association-Durham.
We are trained to offer Mental Health First Aid (MHFA). MHFA is a two-day training course, which is similar to Standard First Aid/CPR. MHFA gives us the knowledge and the skills to assist someone in a mental health crisis. We recommend everyone to take this course!
Below are evidence-based examples of what TCM can offer for mental health.
Acupuncture Research Resources:
1. Acupuncture Treatment for the Treatment of Anxiety
2. Acupuncture alleviates depression and benefits the brain
3. Acupuncture effective for depression during pregnancy
4. Acupuncture Alleviates Postpartum Depression
5. Acupuncture for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder(PTSD): A Systematic Review of Randomized Controlled Trials and Prospective Clinical Trial
6. Mindful Meditation for Mental Health